University officials may request to see your Daily Symptom Survey (DSS) results email to verify that you are compliant with campus policy and permitted to access university facilities and programs.
Symptom Survey results are private.
Requesting Symptom Survey results without a business need to do so, may infringe on the privacy of others. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns.
Officials who may ask to see an employee’s Daily Symptom Survey (DSS) results email, include:
- Their supervisor and manager
- Event staff and employees assigned to control facility entry points
It is not appropriate to ask to see DSS results:
- Between colleagues at a meeting.
- When you see someone walking down the hall or standing in a public, interior space (e.g., elevator, water fountain).
- Because you think it will tell you the person’s vaccination status.
Reviewing DSS results emails
For those with a business need and approval to review Symptom Survey results to verify compliance with campus policy:
- Treat this information as private.
- Conduct a visual review of the documentation provided (e.g., email or printed email).
- Ensure that employees are using the correct badge (NOT a visitor badge)
- Look for correct name in the heading.
- Look for either a Green or Purple approval color, either is acceptable.
- Look for current date.
- Do not retain any identifiable documentation..
Student/Employee Approved Badge
Visitor Approved Badge
UC Davis Health Badge
Students and the DSS
Students are not required to complete the Symptom Survey unless they are a student employee reporting for work.
Students cannot be required produce the DSS for classroom entry
Students may use their DSS results to prove they need to isolate
Saving DSS results emails
Supervisors and facility managers may ask employees (and student employees) to forward their Symptom Survey results email to verify compliance:
- Do not keep Symptom Survey results emails for longer than the day you need to use it.
- Those who receive Symptom Survey results emails should delete stored copies.