As UC Davis COVID-19 testing expands, we expect to identify more cases of COVID-19 on campus and in our community. We are prepared to respond, with public health support via contact tracing, student health care, and dedicated services for quarantine and isolation for students.
The asymptomatic testing information below is from the UC Davis COVID-19 testing program, via the on-campus kiosk for symptom-free students and employees. It does not include testing results from Student Health and Counseling Services as a medical provider nor from Occupational Health, which are otherwise included in the Self-Reported COVID-19 Cases on the Davis Campus webpage.
Knowing more about current campus health and virus metrics will help us all make better decisions.
- Asymptomatic Tests: We are reporting the number of tests performed last week on campus for symptom-free students and employees. Learn more about UC Davis COVID-19 testing and screening happening now at the asymptomatic testing kiosk on campus.
- Positive Results: The number of students and employees diagnosed with COVID-19 last week through the asymptomatic testing kiosk.
- Positivity Rate: The percentage of positive results to total tests from the asymptomatic testing kiosk during last week.
- Total Asymptomatic Tests Since 9/14: Cumulative tests conducted via the campus asymptomatic testing kiosk. The testing pilot phase first began with students moving into campus residence halls. Students are expected to be tested again each week. More students and employees are being added to the testing pool as campus testing capacity expands. Learn more about UC Davis COVID-19 testing and screening on campus.
- Total Asymptomatic Positives Since 9/14: Cumulative positive test results from the campus asymptomatic testing kiosk. This does not include testing results from any other source.
- On-campus Isolation and Quarantine Housing In Use: This figure reflects the percent of designated isolation or quarantine housing in use at the end of the weekly reporting period. Unless zero beds are in use, low occupancy rates are rounded up to 1%. UC Davis has nearly 400 beds dedicated for use as quarantine or isolation space. These spaces are available for students at the directive of Student Health and Counseling Services, and more spaces can be designated if necessary. Learn more about campus quarantine and isolation services.
- What is the difference between this data and the other webpage with "Self-Reported COVID-19 Cases" on the Davis campus?
- At this stage, the testing data in the dashboard above are only from on-campus testing for symptom-free students and employees. Learn more about this UC Davis COVID-19 testing and screening program.
On the Safety Services website, the Self-Reported COVID-19 Cases on Davis Campus webpage displays information from the UC Davis self-reporting protocol. This includes the number of cases reported since March 2020. All employees and students have been required to self-report by email if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 or suspect they have COVID-19. Self-reporting data include:
> total reported cases (reports received through the email intake process)
> total positive cases (people positively diagnosed with COVID-19)
> active cases (cases currently being monitored by campus staff, which can include positive cases that are still under isolation and also suspected cases that have not received test results yet)
> when the reporting individual was last on campus
Self-reported cases can include employees or students who live outside of the region, so it is not reflective of COVID-19 prevalence in the city of Davis nor Yolo county.
- Does this dashboard reflect all of the COVID-19 testing on campus?
- Student Health and Counseling Services also conducts COVID-19 tests, when medically indicated, for students under their care — including for those who have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 or those who have had close contact with diagnosed individuals. This information is included as one of the sources for the Self-Reported COVID-19 Cases webpage on the Safety Services website.
- Where is COVID-19 data for the city of Davis?
- The Yolo County COVID-19 Dashboard provides data about new coronavirus cases, deaths, testing and positivity rates. Some of this information can also be filtered by city. Data on the Yolo County website will include UC Davis reports of positive results from both the asymptomatic kiosk testing and from Student Health as a medical provider. Test results for students and employees who have been tested by other medical providers are otherwise included in COVID-19 data for their county of residence.
- If I live or work in Davis, how do I get tested for COVID-19?
- If you are currently a registered UC Davis student, and you do not have symptoms, then you are eligible to get tested for COVID-19 at the campus kiosk. See UC Davis COVID-19 Testing for more information about this free testing and about testing requirements as a student. If you do have symptoms, then please contact Student Health or your medical provider.
If you are a UC Davis employee who receives paychecks through UCPath, and you do not have symptoms, then you are eligible to get tested for COVID-19 at the campus kiosk. See UC Davis COVID-19 Testing for more information about this free testing and about testing requirements as an employee. If you do have symptoms, then please contact your medical provider or Occupational Health.
If you are not a UC Davis student or employee, then we encourage you to seek asymptomatic testing from a Healthy Davis Together testing site for those who live or work in Davis. You may also be interested in this tool to find a testing site nearby.
- What if I have another question about this dashboard?
- If you cannot find an answer to your question on the Campus Ready website, please contact CampusReady@ucdavis.edu.