UC Davis is reporting rates of COVID-19 vaccination, testing, positivity and cases among our employees and students.
Interactive data below include UC Davis vaccination rates based on the vaccination verification in the Health-e-Messaging portal and through UC Davis Health. We are reporting COVID-19 case data from our asymptomatic COVID-19 testing on campus, test results from Student Health and Occupational Health as medical providers, and self-reported cases from students and employees who were on campus during their potentially infectious period. All students and employees are required to report a COVID-19 diagnosis and to comply with the UC COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate.
Knowing more about current campus health and virus metrics will help us all make better decisions.
Data above are updated at least once per week during summer 2022. Information is provided by Student Health and Counseling Services, Occupational Health, Student Housing and Dining Services and UC Davis Health.
UC Davis Vaccination Rates
- UC Davis Students: Vaccination and compliance rates as currently reported to Health-e-Messaging among undergraduate and graduate students attending UC Davis in fall 2021, including students in the School of Medicine and Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing. Exact enrollment totals are fluid and reflected in percentage calculations.
- Davis Campus - Employees: Vaccination and compliance rates as currently reported to Health-e-Messaging among UC Davis employees, including those working from home or at satellite locations, but not including UC Davis Health employees. Only current, non-student employees who receive paychecks are included among the "current on vaccine" calculation.
- UC Davis Health – Employees: Vaccination and compliance rates of employees of the UC Davis School of Medicine, UC Davis Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, UC Davis Medical Center and UC Davis Medical Group, as reported by UC Davis Health.
- Policy Compliant: Percentage who are currently compliant with UC Vaccine Policy by either verifying that they are current on vaccine status (fully vaccinated and "up to date" on any recommended boosters) or by securing an approved exception. As compliance rates approach 100%, this display will be capped at 99%, as we expect new employees and students will continue to go through the process of becoming compliant in the future.
- Current on Vaccine: Percentage who have verified that they have completed a COVID-19 vaccination series and are "up to date" on any recommended boosters that they are eligible for, per CDC guidance.
- Approved Exceptions: Percentage who have secured an approved exception.
- In Progress: Percentage who are either not compliant with UC Vaccine Policy or who have initiated the process to become fully compliant with UC Vaccine Policy, but are either awaiting the completion of their vaccination series and two-week waiting period or are awaiting final decisions regarding their request for an exception. Low rates are rounded up to 1%.
UC Davis COVID-19 Testing Positivity Rates
- Asymptomatic Tests: We are reporting the number of tests performed last week on campus for symptom-free students and employees. Learn more about UC Davis COVID-19 testing and screening happening now at the asymptomatic testing kiosk on campus.
- Positive Results: The number of students and employees diagnosed with COVID-19 last week through the asymptomatic testing kiosk.
- Positivity Rate: A rolling average calculated from the percentage of positive results to total tests from the asymptomatic testing kiosk during the last seven days. Positivity rates that display for future dates are incomplete, as they do not yet include seven days’ worth of data.
- Totals since 9/14: A cumulative view since the asymptomatic testing program first began on Sept. 14, 2020 with students moving into campus residence halls. Since that time, testing eligibility has expanded to all students and employees. Learn more about UC Davis COVID-19 testing and screening on campus.
- Students Living On Campus: This estimate from the beginning of the fall quarter of 2021 was provided by Student Housing and Dining Services.
- Students Living Off Campus: This estimate is from the beginning of the fall quarter of 2021.
- On-campus Isolation Housing In Use: This figure reflects the percent of designated isolation housing in use as of the most recent reporting period. Unless zero beds are in use, low occupancy rates are rounded up to 1%. UC Davis has nearly 250 beds dedicated for use as isolation space. These spaces are available for students at the directive of Student Health and Counseling Services, and more spaces can be designated if necessary. Learn more about campus quarantine and isolation services.
- SHWC testing: This category includes any other COVID-19 testing conducted on campus, operated by the UC Davis Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC). This includes testing for students who have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 or those who have had close contact with diagnosed individuals — who are being cared for by Student Health and Counseling Services as their medical provider. It also includes tests ordered by Occupational Health for select employee groups.
- Self-Reported On-Campus: All students and employees have been required to self-report by email if they or someone they live with are diagnosed with COVID-19 or suspect they have COVID-19. Displayed here are only those self-reported cases wherein the individual was on campus during the 14 days prior to their positive test.
- Does this updated dashboard reflect all of the COVID-19 testing on campus?
- Yes. In December 2020 we updated the dashboard to include not only the asymptomatic testing from the UC Davis testing program, but also test results from the UC Davis Student Health and Wellness Center, which includes testing for students and employees who are symptomatic, have been identified as close contacts and other situations (labeled as "SHWC testing" in the graphics above).
- UPDATED: Where is COVID-19 data for the city of Davis?
- The Yolo County data on the California Department of Public Health COVID-19 Dashboard provides data about new coronavirus cases, deaths, testing, positivity and vaccination rates in Yolo County. UC Davis reports positive results from both the asymptomatic kiosk testing and from the Student Health and Wellness Center (as a medical provider) to the State of California, so that Yolo County can include campus data in its dashboard. Test results for students and employees who have been tested by other medical providers are otherwise included in COVID-19 data for their county of residence. (Updated July 14, 2022)
- How do I find out about COVID-19 variants in Davis?
- Data on COVID-19 variants are available on the Health Davis Together website, which combines results from testing on campus, in the Davis community and elsewhere in Yolo county. The team at the UC Davis Genome Center genotypes all positive samples to identify known variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and later sequences many of them as well to confirm results and reveal the presence of any novel changes to the viral genome. (July 19, 2021)
- UPDATED: If I live or work in Davis, how do I get tested for COVID-19?
- If you are currently a registered UC Davis student, and you do not have symptoms, then you are eligible to get tested for COVID-19 at the campus kiosk. See UC Davis COVID-19 Testing for more information about this free testing and about testing requirements as a student. If you do have symptoms, then please contact Student Health or your medical provider.
If you are a UC Davis employee who receives paychecks through UCPath, and you do not have symptoms, then you are eligible to get tested for COVID-19 at through a UC Davis testing kiosk. See UC Davis COVID-19 Testing for more information about this free testing, testing locations and about testing requirements as an employee. If you do have symptoms, then please contact your medical provider or Occupational Health.
- What if I have another question about this dashboard?
- If you cannot find an answer to your question on the Campus Ready website, please contact CampusReady@ucdavis.edu.