As UC Davis COVID-19 testing expands, we expect to identify more cases of COVID-19 on campus and in our community. We are prepared to respond, with public health support via contact tracing, student health care, and dedicated services for quarantine and isolation for students.
Interactive graphics below combine data from our asymptomatic COVID-19 testing program, test results from Student Health and Occupational Health as medical providers, and self-reported cases from students and employees who were on campus during their potentially infectious period. All students and employees are required to report a COVID-19 diagnosis.
Knowing more about current campus health and virus metrics will help us all make better decisions.
- Asymptomatic Tests: We are reporting the number of tests performed last week on campus for symptom-free students and employees. Learn more about UC Davis COVID-19 testing and screening happening now at the asymptomatic testing kiosk on campus.
- Positive Results: The number of students and employees diagnosed with COVID-19 last week through the asymptomatic testing kiosk.
- Positivity Rate: The percentage of positive results to total tests from the asymptomatic testing kiosk during last week.
- Totals since 9/14: A cumulative view since the asymptomatic testing program first began on Sept. 14, with students moving into campus residence halls. Since that time, testing has expanded to all students and employees. Learn more about UC Davis COVID-19 testing and screening on campus.
- Students Living On Campus: This estimate from the beginning of Fall Quarter was provided by Student Housing and Dining Services.
- Students Living Off Campus in Davis: This estimate is from the beginning of Fall Quarter.
- On-campus Isolation and Quarantine Housing In Use: This figure reflects the percent of designated isolation or quarantine housing in use at the end of the weekly reporting period. Unless zero beds are in use, low occupancy rates are rounded up to 1%. UC Davis has nearly 400 beds dedicated for use as quarantine or isolation space. These spaces are available for students at the directive of Student Health and Counseling Services, and more spaces can be designated if necessary. Learn more about campus quarantine and isolation services.
- SHWC testing: This category includes any other COVID-19 testing conducted on campus, operated by the UC Davis Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC). This includes testing for students who have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 or those who have had close contact with diagnosed individuals — who are being cared for by Student Health and Counseling Services as their medical provider. It also includes tests ordered by Occupational Health for select employee groups.
- Self-Reported On-Campus: All students and employees have been required to self-report by email if they or someone they live with are diagnosed with COVID-19 or suspect they have COVID-19. Displayed here are only those self-reported cases wherein the individual was on campus during the 14 days prior to their positive test.
- Does this updated dashboard reflect all of the COVID-19 testing on campus?
- Yes. In December we updated the dashboard to include not only the asymptomatic testing from the UC Davis testing program, but also test results from the UC Davis Student Health and Wellness Center, which includes testing for students and employees who are symptomatic, have been identified as close contacts and other situations (labeled as "SHWC testing" in the graphics above).
- Where is COVID-19 data for the city of Davis?
- The Yolo County COVID-19 Dashboard provides data about new coronavirus cases, deaths, testing and positivity rates. Some of this information can also be filtered by city. UC Davis reports positive results from both the asymptomatic kiosk testing and from the Student Health and Wellness Center (as a medical provider) to the State of California, so that Yolo County can include campus data in its dashboard. Test results for students and employees who have been tested by other medical providers are otherwise included in COVID-19 data for their county of residence.
- If I live or work in Davis, how do I get tested for COVID-19?
- If you are currently a registered UC Davis student, and you do not have symptoms, then you are eligible to get tested for COVID-19 at the campus kiosk. See UC Davis COVID-19 Testing for more information about this free testing and about testing requirements as a student. If you do have symptoms, then please contact Student Health or your medical provider.
If you are a UC Davis employee who receives paychecks through UCPath, and you do not have symptoms, then you are eligible to get tested for COVID-19 at the campus kiosk. See UC Davis COVID-19 Testing for more information about this free testing and about testing requirements as an employee. If you do have symptoms, then please contact your medical provider or Occupational Health.
If you are not a UC Davis student or employee, then we encourage you to seek asymptomatic testing from a Healthy Davis Together testing site if you live or work in Davis. You may also be interested in this tool to find other testing sites elsewhere in California.
- What if I have another question about this dashboard?
- If you cannot find an answer to your question on the Campus Ready website, please contact CampusReady@ucdavis.edu.