UC Davis is committed to the health and well-being of our community. We have a dedicated team working to inform our campus response, and we are working closely with local and state public health departments and the University of California Office of the President.
Please review the Winter Quarter Guidance Update page for the current status of campus operations.
UC Davis is committed to keeping the campus community healthy while learning, living, teaching and working. The campus has implemented a number of protocols in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19, some of which have been highlighted below.
- UC Davis has an interim public health policy (Interim 290-01) for all affiliates and visitors that outlines requirements they must follow, including enforcement and discipline. The detailed guidance and requirements can be found on the Public Health Policies & Requirements page.
- Employees and students must report their positive COVID-19 diagnosis. The number of reported cases for the Davis campus is updated regularly by Occupational Health and the Student Health and Wellness Center.
- All lectures and discussion sections will be held remotely for undergraduate students and for most graduate students through Summer 2021. If allowed, we will offer a limited number of in-person classes with educational objectives that can only be met through in-person instruction. These classes will follow strict public health guidelines related to required face coverings, physical distancing, disinfecting surfaces and ventilation systems, among others.
- Each department created a plan specific to its worksite that meets required health and safety guidelines, including enhanced sanitization processes.
- Student Housing and Dining Services will ensure living spaces in residence halls address physical distancing protocols and implement a multifaceted approach to minimize risk in dining halls.
- UC Davis has established a COVID-19 testing program.
- Customers, colleagues and partners can find the operational status of various campus services on the Finance, Operations and Administration website.