Wear cloth face coverings inside and outside where others are likely to be around.
Face coverings must be worn by students, academics, staff and visitors at all UC Davis locations while inside and outside where they are likely to come into contact with others (not including while eating). Face coverings are not required in private spaces such as dorm rooms, single-occupancy offices, showers and the like.
For employees that are working on campus, but do not have a suitable face covering of their own, UC Davis is providing a limited supply of face coverings.
Putting on a face covering
- Avoid touching the front of the face covering once it's on.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to handling the face covering/disposable mask.
- Ensure the face-covering fits over the nose and under the chin.
- Situate the face-covering properly with nose wire snug against the nose (where applicable).
- Tie straps behind the head and neck or loop around the ears.
Taking off the face covering
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth when removing the face covering/disposable mask.
- When taking off the face covering/disposable mask, loop your finger into the strap and pull the strap away from the ear, or untie the straps.
- Wash hands immediately after removing.
Care, storage and laundering
- Keep face coverings stored in a paper bag when not in use.
- Cloth face coverings should not be used more than one day at a time and must be washed after use. Cloth face coverings should be properly laundered with regular clothing detergent before first use, and after each shift. Cloth face coverings should be replaced immediately if soiled, damaged (e.g. ripped, punctured) or visibly contaminated.
- Disposable face coverings must not be used for more than one day and should be placed in the trash after your shift or if it is soiled, damaged (e.g., stretched ear loops, torn or punctured material) or visibly contaminated.