As we persevere with our public health efforts to fight COVID-19 and help keep our community healthy and connected to each other, we are excited to announce a series of contests and promotions for the Aggie community.
“Every Aggie Together” Mask Contest for Students, Faculty and Staff
Masks and face coverings are more critical than ever in the fight against COVID-19 that could reduce the spread of the virus, particularly when used universally within communities. In partnership with the UC Davis Health Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, we hosted a contest to produce public campaign messages to encourage everyone to wear masks correctly and consistently.
The “Every Aggie Together” mask contest was open to all registered UC Davis and UC Davis Health students (undergraduate, graduate, post-doc or professional school students), employees and faculty. The entry period is now closed and all winners will be announced the week of March 8, 2021.
- Grand Prize Winner: One (1) 13-inch Apple Macbook Pro. Approximate retail value at $1,300 dollars.
- Second prize: One (1) 64GB Apple iPad Air. Approximate retail value of $600.
- Third prize: One (1) Apple Watch with wristband. Approximate retail value $450.
- Participation prizes: The first 500 participants with valid entries will win one (1) specialty designed UC Davis face covering. Approximate retail value of $5.
Spring break looks a little different this year with all non-essential travel to be avoided. Make the most of staying in Davis and apply for a Healthy Davis Together Spring Break Grant, which provides UC Davis students with alternative activities to do during spring break.
The grant amount is $75 to be spent at local participating businesses representing the four categories below. This is a great opportunity to host a fun event or activity for you and your fellow Aggies and create a memorable experience for the people you live with or are virtually connected to.
Grant Categories: Get Active, Get Artsy, Home Improvement and Let's Stay In
The submission deadline for the Healthy Davis Together Spring Break Grant is March 10, 2021 by 5 p.m. PST. All grants must be redeemed in-person at the business location during spring break (March 22-26, 2021). Recipients must provide proof of identification when picking up grant. The first 750 applications to meet all qualifications below will be selected to receive the grant:
- Current registered UC Davis student
- Living full-time in Davis
- Staying in Davis for spring break (March 22-26, 2021)
- Have a scheduled COVID-19 test during spring break (March 22-26, 2021)
“In It Together” Challenge for Students
In partnership with Healthy Davis Together, UC Davis is offering the “In It Together” Challenge for registered UC Davis students (undergraduate, graduate, post-doc or professional school students). Every two weeks, students can participate in a new challenge that helps to promote ways to fight COVID-19. The completion of each challenge level will result in eligibility for a prize, and the completion of all 4 level challenges will result in the opportunity to be entered into the grand prize raffle for $2,500 to help support rental expenses.
Level 1 Challenge
Share a COVID-19 safety precaution tip from a reputable source, such as UC Davis Campus Ready, on your social media. For the opportunity to have your post or story shared with others mention @ucdavis.life on Instagram and include #EveryAggieTogether.
- How to Enter: Complete the official “In It Together” Level 1 Challenge entry form.
- Prize: Gift card for 10 Ali Baba burritos or 10 Yolo Berry frozen yogurts. Approximate retail value at $80. 650 winners total.
- Level 1 Contest Period: January 11–22, 2021
Level 2 Challenge
Share a post of you and or your living group or friend group wearing your face covering outdoors on your social media. Include in your post “Why you wear a face covering” or “Why you think it’s important to wear a face covering.” For the opportunity to have your post or story shared with others mention @ucdavis.life on Instagram and include #EveryAggieTogether.
- How to Enter: Complete the official “In It Together” Level 2 Challenge entry form.
- Prize: Gift card to a local Davis, CA coffee or boba shop. Approximate retail value at $150. 500 winners total.
- Level 3 Contest Period: January 25–February 5, 2021
Level 3 Challenge
Host a virtual event with another living pod or friend group, and send in a photo and brief description.
- How to Enter: Complete the official “In It Together” Level 3 Challenge entry form.
- Prize: Gift card to a local Davis, CA grocery store or the Davis Farmers Market. Approximate retail value at $350. 250 winners total.
- Level 3 Contest Period: February 8–19, 2021
Level 4 Challenge
Produce and submit an art piece (including, but not limited to, video, art, music, photography, etc.) that shows how you are “In It Together,” demonstrating ways that you are coming together to keep our community safe.
- How to Enter: Complete the official “In It Together” Level 4 Challenge entry form.
- Prize: Gift card to a local Davis, CA bike shop. Approximate retail value at $700. 125 winners total.
- Level 4 Contest Period: February 22–March 5, 2021
- How to Enter: All participants that submit entries for Levels 1-4 by each entry period deadline will be entered to win the grand prize.
- Prize: Rent for a quarter, up to and not exceeding $2,500. 20 winners total. (Rent can only be provided for housing in the City of Davis.)
- Grand Prize Drawing: March 12, 2021
To enter, participants must submit entries directly through the official entry forms for each level. Participants are not required to complete every challenge level, however, to be eligible for the grand prize, participants must have completed and submitted all four level challenges. Participants are encouraged to submit entries consistent with all Campus Ready Policies. Entries must align with our Principles of Community, and any entries depicting or containing illegal activity will not be considered.
About Healthy Davis Together
Healthy Davis Together is a joint project between the City of Davis and UC Davis with a goal to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and facilitate a coordinated and gradual return to regular city activities and reintegration of UC Davis students back into the Davis community.