California reopened on June 15: However, workplace rules are not changing immediately.

Frequently Asked Questions for Students

We will update this page and our responses as we receive more questions, and as we receive guidance from Yolo County and the State of California. Because health guidelines are being updated on an almost daily basis, please check this FAQ regularly to see if answers to your questions have changed.

Student Health and Counseling

Will I be able to access health care at Student Health and Counseling Services?

Yes, Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) remain open for students. Visit the Health-e-Messaging portal for most medical and mental health appointment scheduling.

  • Medical visits: Schedule a telephone visit through the Health-e-Messaging portal to initiate care. Speak with a Student Health Center nurse during normal business hours or the after-hours nurse advice service by calling 530-752-2349.
  • Mental health visits: Please review the COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Flyer for more information about mental health appointments, crisis support and self-care that is available, based on where you are residing.

Looking for more information or additional services? Please review the Student Health and Well-being Resources flyer for a complete list of available services.

Last updated:

What mental health resources are available?

Regardless of where students are residing, there are a variety of mental health resources available. Please review the COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Flyer for more information about mental health appointments, crisis support and self-care.

Last updated:

Do I have to complete the Daily Symptom Survey?

Currently, everyone — students, employees, visitors — must complete a Daily Symptom Survey before entering a university-managed facility. A daily symptom survey is a requirement for all UC Davis-operated facilities anywhere in California and serves as a reminder to pay attention to your symptoms.

Daily Symptom Survey requirements for fall 2021 are to be determined.

Last updated:

What do I do if I become sick?

Students who are sick or have questions about COVID-19 or other conditions are encouraged to contact Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) for a telehealth visit with a nurse or medical provider for further assessment and advice. Make an appointment online or call 530-752-2349.

Insurance companies are covering COVID-19 testing in most circumstances when medically indicated. If a registered student obtains medically indicated COVID-19 testing at SHCS, there will be no out of pocket cost to that student for that test.

In addition to SHCS, information about COVID-19 testing in Yolo County is available on the county’s website. The California Department of Public Health also offers help to find testing sites.

Students should also communicate with their instructor and advisors to provide any relevant updates and coordinate regarding any impact their illness may have on their class work.

Last updated:

Will testing be required for students?

UC Davis has established a rapid, comprehensive COVID-19 screening and testing program on campus. All registered UC Davis students are eligible for weekly COVID-19 testing through the campus testing kiosk. Please visit the COVID-19 testing webpage for current testing requirements, testing FAQs and a testing webinar for students. The testing webpage also includes supplementary guidance for testing and self-quarantine related to holiday travel during quarter breaks. 

Testing and reporting guidance and requirements for fall 2021 are to be determined.

Last updated:

What happens if I’m diagnosed with COVID-19?

If a student tests positive or a doctor diagnoses a student with COVID-19, the student should call Student Health and Counseling Services at 530-752-2349 so that we can be aware and coordinate care if needed. In addition, please follow the campus reporting protocol to report a positive test or diagnosis for COVID-19.

Last updated:

How do I know if I need to isolate or quarantine?

Directives for UC Davis students to isolate or quarantine will be provided by Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS), including students who live off campus if they do not have appropriate options at their primary residence. The university is setting aside isolation and quarantine facilities. UC Davis has also worked with local housing complex owners to assist them in establishing isolation/quarantine space within their properties.

SHCS staff will notify and consult with each individual for health care, symptom monitoring and contact tracing and support will be provided by SHCS and Student Housing and Dining Services. Support will include health care, housing, dining, instructional support and other services as needed.

Last updated:

What should I do if someone I know has COVID-19?

The campus has a reporting process by which it reviews confirmed cases of COVID-19 and responds to those concerned about a member of the campus community having COVID-19, whether on or off campus. Employees and students at the Davis campus must report a COVID-19 diagnosis, as well as any positive test result received by someone with whom they share a residence. 

You can report possible COVID-19 cases by using the campus reporting protocol.

Last updated:

What should I do if someone in my household is sick with possible COVID or has been diagnosed with COVID?

Students who may have had contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19 or who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 should call Student Health and Counseling Services at 530-752-2349 for an appointment with an RN or provider, during which they will be evaluated and given direction consistent with public health recommendations. Depending on their situation, the student may be moved to a quarantine space, asked to self-quarantine in their current living space, or asked to monitor their health.

Last updated:

Will suspected cases of COVID-19 be shared to help eliminate concerns about possible risks to others?

For the health of our community, the campus has a reporting process by which we review confirmed cases of COVID-19 and respond to those concerned about a member of the campus community having COVID-19, whether on or off campus. Employees and students at the Davis campus must report a COVID-19 diagnosis for themselves or someone with whom they share a residence. Follow this brief guidance to report a positive case or concern by emailing reportcovid@ucdavis.edu.

A team of medical and administrative staff has been established to offer guidance to the affected individual and ascertain risk to the campus and appropriate steps, while continuing to balance the need for privacy.

Anyone identified within our campus community as being at risk of exposure from these individuals will be notified if they need to quarantine and/or self-monitor for symptoms.

A website provides some basic information about reported cases for the Davis campus and their status.

Last updated:

Are UC Davis students required to get the COVID-19 vaccine?

The University of California has proposed a mandated COVID-19 vaccination policy so that everyone will have ample time to obtain the vaccine ahead of the fall term. UC has also provided a Student FAQ regarding the proposed vaccine mandate.

Everyone 12 years or older is now eligible to receive the vaccine, including our student population. The UC Davis vaccine clinic at the ARC accepts appointments through the state's My Turn scheduling system for all eligible individuals, including employees, students and members of the public. Visit the UC Davis COVID-19 Vaccine Program page for more information and FAQs.

Last updated:

What are the benefits of getting the COVID-19 vaccine?

COVID-19 vaccines are meant to prevent you from getting ill from COVID-19. The ability of COVID-19 vaccines to protect us from spreading the virus to others is not yet known but is being studied carefully. Read more at CDC’s Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine.

Last updated:

Will flu shots be required of students, academic personnel and staff?

The flu vaccination requirement for fall 2021 is to be determined. You may visit the UC Davis Flu Vaccination Information page to learn more about the influenza vaccination requirement from the 2020-21 academic year. 

Last updated:

What are the benefits of getting the flu shot?

Benefits of the flu shot include:

  • It can keep you from getting sick with the flu.
  • If you do get the flu after getting the flu shot, the symptoms are likely to be less severe.
  • Aside from helping you stay healthy, the flu shot also reduces the chances of you having to see your healthcare provider for flu-related concerns, which helps our healthcare system have resources available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • It helps protect the people around you who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness.
  • For more information on flu shot benefits, see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) website.

Last updated:

Does the flu shot work?

According to the CDC, recent studies show that flu shots ​generally reduce the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60%. This varies from person to person and season to season. Even if someone gets the flu shot and still gets the flu, several studies have shown that people who get the flu shot do not get as sick as people who do not get the flu shot.

Last updated:

Campus Operations

What are the requirements of the new Interim Public Health Policy and how will it be enforced?

The campus has developed two interim policies to implement important public health directives and address student conduct and discipline during the pandemic.

Reports of students or student organizations who allegedly violate campus policy, even when on private property, can be made to OSSJA for investigation. If a student is found responsible, students can face consequences including, but not limited to, censure, probation up to suspension or dismissal. Student organizations can face consequences including, but not limited to conditional registration, loss of privileges and revocation of registration status. To report an incident involving a student or student organization, please fill out the OSSJA Incident Report Form.

Visit the Public Health Policies & Requirements page for an overview of the policies, requirements and process for enforcement for students.

Last updated:

If I’m traveling from another state or country, will I have to self-quarantine before I can start participating in campus activities? If so, where and for how long?

Please visit the Quarantine and Isolation page for information about self-quarantine campus directives and measures.

Last updated:

Do all students, faculty and staff have to wear face coverings while on campus?

Face coverings must be worn by students, academics, staff and visitors at all UC Davis locations. For indoor locations, the only exceptions are while eating or drinking or in private spaces such as dorm rooms, single-occupancy offices, showers and the like. For outdoor spaces, face covering should be worn when maintaining 6 feet of distance from others is not feasible.

Face covering requirements for fall 2021 are to be determined.

Last updated:

Is Unitrans still running?

As the University and City's public transit service, Unitrans is operating pending changing conditions. For the most up to date information, visit the Unitrans website or follow Unitrans on Facebook.

Last updated:

Will campus provide face coverings to students?

Branded face coverings are no longer available for students to pick up at the Campus Bookstore.

Face covering requirements for fall 2021 are to be determined.

Last updated:

Classes and Instruction

Where can I access information about COVID-19 academic policies?

Each remote quarter, the Academic Senate announces temporary updates to academic policies regarding final exams for undergraduates and Passed/Not Passed (P/NP) and Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) deadline extensions for undergraduates and graduates, respectively. Details are provided on the Academic Senate website. Please also refer to the Academic Advising section of the Campus Ready Student FAQ for factors to consider before electing to take a course P/NP.

Last updated:

What is the guidance to students for remote learning?

Keep in mind that students and faculty are on this path together. Your instructors are likely using a combination of Canvas, Zoom, email, and other web-based tools to offer remote instruction. To navigate this new learning environment, please review the Remote Learning Strategies available on the Keep Teaching website.

Last updated:

What do I do on the first day of class?

  • Log into Canvas by the first day of instruction. If your instructor is using Canvas, you should be able to see your class. You can check earlier, but it may not be visible before the first day of instruction.
  • Instructors who are not using Canvas should contact you via email. If you don’t hear from them, email them.

Last updated:

What do I need to prepare for Zoom?

All UC Davis students can now obtain a licensed Zoom account at no cost to them. The licensed account has more features than the free version, including the ability to host meetings with up to 300 participants and no meeting time limits. To install the Zoom app, see these instructions.

You can also use Zoom on a computer or a smartphone device without an account.

  • To begin: click the meeting link that you receive, let the Zoom software/app download, follow the prompts, and you will enter into the remote session or virtual waiting room.
  • You’ll need: minimally audio functionality, ideally a webcam for video functionality on your end, stable internet connection, and a quiet place.

Last updated:

How do I access WiFi and/or technology, such as a webcam, to take classes and proctored exams?

UC Davis has a program to provide loaner laptops for students in need. Please complete the Student Laptop Checkout Request and sign the accompanying agreement. The campus is also providing support for WiFi and/or other technology needs. More information can be found on the Keep Teaching website.

Last updated:

Will classes be exclusively remote? Which ones will be available remotely versus in-person? Can I see that in Schedule Builder?

We advise you to check Schedule Builder to see which classes have been designated “remote.” All lectures and discussion sections will be held remotely for undergraduate students and for most graduate students. For classes without that label, we are still carefully evaluating which of them we can offer in-person, depending on public health guidance. 

If allowed, we know we will be offering a limited number of in-person classes and only those with educational objectives that can be met only through in-person instruction (e.g., advanced laboratory skills, some studio or performance classes, or fieldwork). These classes will follow strict public health guidelines related to required face coverings, physical distancing, disinfecting surfaces, and ventilation systems, among others. Once approved, these classes will be identified in Schedule Builder and we will notify students that the designations have been added.

In addition to indicating whether each class will be offered only remote or have an in-person component, Schedule Builder will also specify whether it will be offered asynchronously to accommodate students living in other time zones.

Last updated:

Can I take classes exclusively remotely even if the campus is open?

Yes, for spring and summer 2021 you can choose to enroll only in courses that are being offered remotely.

Last updated:

How do I access my books?

All of your textbooks, lab manuals and faculty-created readers are included in Equitable Access for $199 per quarter when you pay your student fees. For additional information including how to opt out, please visit the Equitable Access Student FAQ. Textbooks available in digital format will be provided as e-books. To access your e-books, click on the Bookshelf option in the Canvas navigation menu. If you do not have a posted class on your Canvas page you may access your e-books through the account menu on the top left of your main Canvas page. Required textbooks that don’t have a digital equivalent are also included at no additional cost. Printed textbooks and other materials may be picked up at the Campus Bookstore or shipped if you are unable to pick up your books in person. We are unable to predict shipping delays due to COVID-19. Therefore, if you are able to visit the Campus Store, picking up your printed textbooks in person will be the most efficient option.

Last updated:

Will students have access to professors and office hours?

Instructors will continue to hold regular office hours via remote means. If you have scheduling questions about office hours, contact your instructor.

Last updated:

Will professors be lenient if students are feeling ill?

Instructors are encouraged to provide reasonable accommodations for students who are feeling ill. Students testing positive for COVID-19 or with COVID-19 symptoms should not attend in-person classes and should seek treatment at Student Health and Counseling Services. Please also follow the campus reporting protocol. For students attending class remotely, please contact your instructor if you are unable to attend a particular class or classes due to health reasons.

Last updated:

Will professors be accommodating of students in different time zones or with varying levels of access to consistent Wi-Fi or a home computer?

Instructors with students in different time zones and with synchronous presentations have been advised to take time differences into consideration.

Last updated:

Should I focus on general education courses if things are remote and save STEM classes for when I can take them on campus?

We encourage you to continue making progress toward your major, but please consult your advisor regarding your individual academic plans.

Last updated:

How do I decide what classes to take?

Please consult your advisor regarding your individual academic plans.

Last updated:

Will remote online classes be recorded?

This is at the discretion of your instructor. Instructors are encouraged to record class sessions if it is feasible and appropriate for their course.

Last updated:

What will spring quarter look like?

While certain courses are being taught in person, most classes will be held remotely, including all lectures and the majority of discussion sections for undergraduate students and graduate students. We will continue to offer a limited number of in-person classes with educational objectives that can be met only through in-person instruction, such as several studio, performance, and advanced laboratory courses, and those requiring specialized equipment, as well as other specific requirements. These classes will follow strict public health guidelines related to required saliva testing, face coverings, physical distancing, daily symptom surveys, disinfecting practices, and appropriate ventilation systems, among others.

Remote and in-person course offerings are viewable on ​Schedule Builder​.

Last updated:

If I need additional help with classes, who can I turn to?

Please consult with your advisor or instructor regarding your individual situation.

Last updated:

Academic Advising

Where can I find academic advising information?

Your college and/or major department advising offices:

Last updated:

How do I schedule an appointment with my academic advisor?

Schedule appointments per usual through your appointment system. Students within the College of Biological Sciences can schedule appointments through BASC. All other students can schedule appointments through the Advising Appointment System.

Last updated:

Can I schedule an in-person appointment?

In order to comply with campus and community directives, academic advising will only happen remotely. No in-person meetings will occur. You will be able to connect via Zoom or phone.

Last updated:

What are the factors to consider before electing to take a course P/NP?

Important factors to consider include:

  • A “P” is equivalent to a C- or better. P/NP grades are not used in GPA calculations.
  • Taking a course P/NP could have important implications for future graduate school admissions. Graduate schools may have prerequisites that require letter grading. If you have applied or are applying to a graduate program, please check with that program for information on how P/NP grading may affect your application.
  • No course units are awarded for a NP. If you receive a NP, this could drop you below minimum progress or affect academic probationary status. This could also affect the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) calculation, which determines your eligibility for future financial aid.
  • Veterans who receive financial assistance may have a strong motivation to take classes for a letter grade, as the receipt of a grade such as a “NP” can retroactively impact financial aid. Some branches of the armed forces require that students maintain a 2.0 or higher, or make progress toward degree completion; the P/NP option may hinder the ability to maintain this threshold. These are complex issues and students should consult closely with their advisors or the Veterans Success Center.
  • Whether courses can be taken P/NP for a major during the pandemic, as well as policies regarding college P/NP unit caps for graduation during the pandemic, will be determined by each college on a quarter-by-quarter basis.

Last updated:

How do I change my grading option?

Use Schedule Builder to follow the regular process for changing your grading option.

Last updated:

Can I change from P/NP back to a letter grade?

Yes. You can opt for P/NP grading in a course, or revert back to letter grading, up until the P/NP deadline. Please visit the Academic Senate’s COVID-19 Academic Policies page to see if P/NP deadlines have been adjusted for each quarter.

Last updated:

Will taking a class P/NP impact my GPA?

P/NP grades are not factored into the GPA calculation.

Last updated:

Will taking a class P/NP impact my time to graduation?

That depends on whether a letter grade in the class is required by your major or college. Additionally, courses in which you receive an “NP” grade yield no units toward graduation.

Last updated:

I am repeating a course after taking it for a letter grade. Can I take it P/NP?


Last updated:

I am not in good academic standing. Can I take a course P/NP in Fall 2020?

Normally, you must be in good academic standing to take courses P/NP. This requirement has been changed for some quarters. Please visit the Academic Senate’s COVID-19 Academic Policies page to see when flexibilities have been made to this requirement.

Last updated:

Who should I talk to if I’m not sure what to do?

You should start by contacting your academic advisor in your Dean’s Office (or BASC, if you are a College of Biological Student) or your major advisor if the course you are considering changing to P/NP is specifically required for your major (some colleges have modified their P/NP rules during the pandemic).

Last updated:

Financial Aid, Tuition and Work-Study

Will my financial aid/scholarships be affected depending on where I am living?

As housing status impacts your Financial Aid awards, you are encouraged to review your housing status in MyAwards as soon as you receive your Financial Aid package information. To ensure that your financial aid package is reflective of your actual living expenses, please review Undergraduate Cost of Attendance.

Last updated:

How does Pass/No Pass grading affect my financial aid?

The transition to a Pass/No Pass (or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) grading system may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress, standards that a student must meet to be eligible for financial aid. For more information, please see the FAQs for Satisfactory Academic Progress.

Last updated:

Who can I contact for financial aid help?

To contact Financial Aid and Scholarships, please use Contact an Expert. To address a high volume of inquiries, the office is focused on responding to Contact an Expert inquiries. For quick answers to common questions, please visit Financial Aid and Scholarships FAQs.

Last updated:

What is the status of tuition and mandatory fees?

Tuition and systemwide fees are set by the Regents for all UC campuses, and most campus-based fees are generated through a student-involved referenda process. Tuition, systemwide fees and most campus-based fees did not increase for 2020-21. More information regarding campus-based fees is included in this post. Tuition and mandatory fees have not all been set yet for 2021-22 but will be posted here.

Last updated:

What is the status of Course Materials and Services Fees?

With the campus providing remote delivery of instruction for spring and summer 2021, UC Davis is continuing to suspend all undergraduate and graduate Course Materials and Services Fees that are tied to specific courses. Please note that you may see these fees reflected in Schedule Builder, however, they will not be charged in the billing process. Course Materials and Services Fees associated with DVM, MBA, and MD programs, which are generally charged at the program level instead of the course level, will not be adjusted unless specifically requested by the school. 

Last updated:

Housing and Dining

Where can I find information about Housing and Dining?

Visit the COVID-19 Information page on the Student Housing and Dining Services website for the most current information.  

Last updated:

What happens if my child is quarantined because they have or were exposed to COVID-19? Can I come get them?

If a UC Davis student is quarantined or isolated, they must remain within their rooms for the duration of the quarantine or isolation based on state and county public health guidance. One of the purposes of the quarantine or isolation is to prevent any potential, further spread of COVID-19. This guidance may change based on guidance from county and state quarantine and isolation mandates.

Last updated:

What is the guidance for students living in private, rental housing?

While the housing decision is a personal one for each student and family, you are also not alone in making this decision. Campus is here to support you in your search for housing information and evaluating your options. We recommend that students read their lease or housing agreement carefully and understand the lease terms, options for termination, subleasing or any other options that could add flexibility to the agreement. For example, some properties may offer a quarter-by-quarter leasing term, which may be a more desirable option in the case of an unexpected shift in public health guidance. In addition, UC Davis and the city of Davis continue to work together to provide support and resources on housing issues. 

We encourage students to contact any of the housing support resources listed below:

Last updated:

What do I do if I am experiencing a housing crisis or may lose housing?

If you are experiencing a housing crisis or may lose housing, please contact the Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center for support. They offer a variety of housing resources, including:

  • Emergency shelter and transitional housing 
  • Housing assistance grants
  • Rent Subsidy Program
  • College Focused Rapid Rehousing Program

Resources can be accessed by submitting a Basic Needs Assistance Form.

For more specific information about Student Housing and Dining Services, please visit housing.ucdavis.edu.

Last updated:

Campus Resources

How will the campus support students remotely?

The Academic Assistance and Tutoring Center will offer its full range of services remotely for the 2020-21 school year. There will be synchronous and asynchronous options for classes, workshops, office hours, individual tutoring and writing appointments.

Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center will be offering in-person, remote and hybrid services for students.

UC Davis has a program to provide loaner laptops for students in need. Please complete the Student Laptop Checkout Request and sign the accompanying agreement.

For mental health support, students can talk by phone or video conference with UC Davis counselors. These appointments can be arranged through Health-e-Messaging or by calling Counseling Services at 530-752-0871. Students will receive instructions on how to download the Therapy Assistance Online platform (TAO) and sign in to connect with their counselor for the appointment.

The TAO platform also offers a library of self-help videos and interactive resources on various topics. Aggies need to use their @ucdavis.edu email to access them. Podcasts and You Got This workshops aimed at strategies for helping you cope with COVID-19 changes are available through our Skills Workshop page.

If you are interested in group services, schedule a One Time Visit with one of our counselors via the Health-e-Messaging portal or call 530-752-0871 to discuss your options.

Crisis Consultation Services are also available by calling 530-752-0871. Drop-in consultation services have been suspended; if you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. 

Last updated:

Will I have access to the library?

The UC Davis Library is sharing information about their operations on its website. The information addresses building hours, availability of collections (including remote access), study spaces, access to Wi-Fi, librarian assistance and other special services.

Last updated:

What do I do if I qualify for academic accommodations and have concerns about the impact that remote instruction may have on me?

Please contact the Student Disability Center for any questions or concerns related to requests for accommodation, approval of services, or equitable access to educational programs.

Last updated:

Are case managers still available through the Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs?

Yes. case managers are available to support students struggling with challenges and crisis-related issues that interfere with their academic and student life success. OSSJA non-clinical case managers receive information, identify resources, reach out to students and follow up so that students receive assistance with their needs. OSSJA case managers are not licensed counselors and do not provide therapy. They do not replace the critical role that Student Health and Counseling Services has on our campus to help students, but they do serve as an important point of contact for students or anyone who is concerned about a student.

For more questions or more information, please contact the OSSJA Virtual Front Desk during business hours (M-F from 9:00AM-noon and 1:00-4:00PM), email sjareception@ucdavis.edu or call 530-752-1128 to leave a voicemail. To initiate contact with a case manager, please complete a Public CARE Report.

Last updated:

What is the status of Study Abroad and study-away programs?

UC Davis has suspended all its international and U.S.-based study and intern abroad programs through summer 2021. Specific details and resources have been sent to students who expressed interest in programs so that they can plan for other opportunities. UC Davis Virtual Summer Internships and Quarter Abroad Fall programs are currently open for enrollment. For more information on UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) programs visit the UCEAP website.

The UC Davis Washington Program and UCDC in Washington are offering remote classes and support for connecting with remote Washington-based internships. 

Quarter at Aggie Square, our undergraduate program at the Sacramento campus, is offering classes and internships remotely.

Last updated:

Is the Global Learning Hub still operating?

While UC Davis study abroad has been canceled through summer 2021, the Global Learning Hub offers many other services such as Virtual Global Internships, Virtual Global Community Engagement opportunities, and global professional development programs. Please visit the Global Learning Hub webpage to discover all programs or email globallearning@ucdavis.edu to set up an advising appointment.

Last updated:

Is the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) open?

As per state and county guidance, the ARC reopened on April 19 (with limited capacity) to students. Visit the ARC Return to Operations page for more details. 

Last updated:

What remote resources are being offered by Campus Recreation?

To support students during suspended in-person operations, Campus Recreation has created Aggies at Home, featuring virtual programming and resources from all of our units. Aggies at Home includes online workouts, nutrition advice, self-care and wellness resources, instructional videos highlighting fun indoor and outdoor activities, advice on studying and working from home, managing your free time, and more. You can find these great resources on the Campus Recreation website, Instagram and Facebook pages, and YouTube channel.

Last updated:

How will students get the college experience remotely? How will clubs and organizations function?

Many co-curricular educational opportunities and special courses are being offered remotely, such as the Center for Leadership Learning’s seminars and certificate programs, the Undergraduate Research Center’s workshops and conferences, the Pal Program, and more.

Many registered student organizations, or RSOs, are committed to hosting events and serving the community in various ways throughout the pandemic. As per campus event guidance, registered student organizations can request to reserve space for events/activities that are held after June 16, 2021. Classroom spaces will also be available to reserve starting on June 16, 2021 for events/activities that are held after Monday, September 13, 2021.

Last updated:

International Students

Where can I find information for international students?

The Fall 2021 Planning for International Students and Scholars FAQ and the COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Resources for UC Davis International Students and Scholars page provide updates on a variety of topics such as instruction, vaccine requirements, visa information, travel guidance and SISS advisors and services.

Last updated:

Graduate Students

Where can I find information for graduate students?

The Graduate Student FAQ and COVID-19 Graduate Student Guidance Page provide updates on instruction and research, form submission and degree filing, leave and remote work and graduate studies events, specifically for the graduate student community

Last updated:

Prospective Students

Placement exams are conflicting with end-of-year exams. What are other options?

Placement exams are scheduled for multiple dates, so students are encouraged to plan ahead and choose dates that work with their end-of-year exams. The Office of the University Registrar provides links to all placement exam schedules.

Last updated:

My school is unable to mail transcripts. What do I do?

The UC Davis website describes several options for sending official transcripts/documents. Please visit the website for updated information.

Last updated: