California reopened on June 15: However, workplace rules are not changing immediately.

Frequently Asked Questions for Students

We will update this page and our responses as we receive more questions, and as we receive guidance from Yolo County and the State of California. Because health guidelines are being updated on an almost daily basis, please check this FAQ regularly to see if answers to your questions have changed.

Campus Resources

How will the campus support students remotely?

The Academic Assistance and Tutoring Center will offer its full range of services remotely for the 2020-21 school year. There will be synchronous and asynchronous options for classes, workshops, office hours, individual tutoring and writing appointments.

Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center will be offering in-person, remote and hybrid services for students.

UC Davis has a program to provide loaner laptops for students in need. Please complete the Student Laptop Checkout Request and sign the accompanying agreement.

For mental health support, students can talk by phone or video conference with UC Davis counselors. These appointments can be arranged through Health-e-Messaging or by calling Counseling Services at 530-752-0871. Students will receive instructions on how to download the Therapy Assistance Online platform (TAO) and sign in to connect with their counselor for the appointment.

The TAO platform also offers a library of self-help videos and interactive resources on various topics. Aggies need to use their @ucdavis.edu email to access them. Podcasts and You Got This workshops aimed at strategies for helping you cope with COVID-19 changes are available through our Skills Workshop page.

If you are interested in group services, schedule a One Time Visit with one of our counselors via the Health-e-Messaging portal or call 530-752-0871 to discuss your options.

Crisis Consultation Services are also available by calling 530-752-0871. Drop-in consultation services have been suspended; if you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. 

Last updated:

Will I have access to the library?

The UC Davis Library is sharing information about their operations on its website. The information addresses building hours, availability of collections (including remote access), study spaces, access to Wi-Fi, librarian assistance and other special services.

Last updated:

What do I do if I qualify for academic accommodations and have concerns about the impact that remote instruction may have on me?

Please contact the Student Disability Center for any questions or concerns related to requests for accommodation, approval of services, or equitable access to educational programs.

Last updated:

Are case managers still available through the Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs?

Yes. case managers are available to support students struggling with challenges and crisis-related issues that interfere with their academic and student life success. OSSJA non-clinical case managers receive information, identify resources, reach out to students and follow up so that students receive assistance with their needs. OSSJA case managers are not licensed counselors and do not provide therapy. They do not replace the critical role that Student Health and Counseling Services has on our campus to help students, but they do serve as an important point of contact for students or anyone who is concerned about a student.

For more questions or more information, please contact the OSSJA Virtual Front Desk during business hours (M-F from 9:00AM-noon and 1:00-4:00PM), email sjareception@ucdavis.edu or call 530-752-1128 to leave a voicemail. To initiate contact with a case manager, please complete a Public CARE Report.

Last updated:

What is the status of Study Abroad and study-away programs?

UC Davis has suspended all its international and U.S.-based study and intern abroad programs through summer 2021. Specific details and resources have been sent to students who expressed interest in programs so that they can plan for other opportunities. UC Davis Virtual Summer Internships and Quarter Abroad Fall programs are currently open for enrollment. For more information on UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) programs visit the UCEAP website.

The UC Davis Washington Program and UCDC in Washington are offering remote classes and support for connecting with remote Washington-based internships. 

Quarter at Aggie Square, our undergraduate program at the Sacramento campus, is offering classes and internships remotely.

Last updated:

Is the Global Learning Hub still operating?

While UC Davis study abroad has been canceled through summer 2021, the Global Learning Hub offers many other services such as Virtual Global Internships, Virtual Global Community Engagement opportunities, and global professional development programs. Please visit the Global Learning Hub webpage to discover all programs or email globallearning@ucdavis.edu to set up an advising appointment.

Last updated:

Is the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) open?

As per state and county guidance, the ARC reopened on April 19 (with limited capacity) to students. Visit the ARC Return to Operations page for more details. 

Last updated:

What remote resources are being offered by Campus Recreation?

To support students during suspended in-person operations, Campus Recreation has created Aggies at Home, featuring virtual programming and resources from all of our units. Aggies at Home includes online workouts, nutrition advice, self-care and wellness resources, instructional videos highlighting fun indoor and outdoor activities, advice on studying and working from home, managing your free time, and more. You can find these great resources on the Campus Recreation website, Instagram and Facebook pages, and YouTube channel.

Last updated:

How will students get the college experience remotely? How will clubs and organizations function?

Many co-curricular educational opportunities and special courses are being offered remotely, such as the Center for Leadership Learning’s seminars and certificate programs, the Undergraduate Research Center’s workshops and conferences, the Pal Program, and more.

Many registered student organizations, or RSOs, are committed to hosting events and serving the community in various ways throughout the pandemic. As per campus event guidance, registered student organizations can request to reserve space for events/activities that are held after June 16, 2021. Classroom spaces will also be available to reserve starting on June 16, 2021 for events/activities that are held after Monday, September 13, 2021.

Last updated: