Campus is open, but not like it would be in a typical academic year. This page provides information about what’s open on campus and what’s closed, as well as building- and site-specific access instructions. Check back often.
We recommend students limit the frequency of coming to campus only when you have a specific need, such as attending an in-person class, going to your on-campus job, seeking medical services or testing, visiting the grab-and-go food pantry, conducting essential in-person research, or if you live in on-campus housing.
Aggie Public Health Ambassadors are available to answer any questions you may have about campus protocols and building access.
Before You Go
- Complete the Symptom Survey - It's fast. It's easy. It's private. The survey is required for students and employees to go on campus, in buildings and to get COVID-19 tests.
- Grab your face covering and hand sanitizer - Face coverings must be worn by students, academics, staff and visitors at all UC Davis locations. For indoor locations, the only exceptions are while eating or drinking or in private spaces such as dorm rooms, single-occupancy offices, showers and the like. For outdoor spaces, face covering should be worn when maintaining 6 feet / 2 meters of distance from others is not feasible.
- Remember to maintain physical distance and stay 6 feet / 2 meters apart.
Hours and availability of campus facilities can change. The list we have created here is not an exhaustive one. Always check online for hours and open status before you go.
|Name of Facility||Hours/Status||Notes|
|Activities and Recreation Center (ARC)||Open to Students Only
(with limited capacity)
|Campus Bookstore||Store Hours|
|Memorial Union||7 AM-7 PM, M-F||
|Shields Library||8 AM-8 PM, M-Th
8 AM-6 PM, F
12 PM-6 PM, Sa-Su
Please review all of the “Before You Go” information for accessing and using the library.
|Student Community Center (SCC)||Closed||Centers within the SCC are still operating remotely. Visit Virtual UC Davis for more information.|
|Student Health and Wellness Center||Check website for hours and services available|
Students will access these buildings for approved, in-person classes only. The facility will only be accessible when classes are being held. Before and after attending in-person instruction, students and instructors are required to properly disinfect any equipment or surfaces they will be using or used. For more information, please review the Sanitizing Classrooms and Instructional Spaces video and content.
- Ann E. Pitzer Recital Hall
- Earth and Physical Sciences Building
- Hickey Gym
- Hunt Hall
- Kemper Hall
- Meyer Hall
- Sciences Laboratory (SciLab) Building
- Western Center for Agricultural Equipment (WCAE)
Outside Classroom Spaces
These and other outdoor locations are being used for instruction and various types of programming. In the event of inclement weather or poor air quality, alternative indoor locations will be available.
- Manetti Shrem Museum of Art (front patio)
- Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts (North side patio)
- Tent Locations Available for Reservation
- A Street Field
- Bainer Hall - South
- Hutchison Intramural Field
- International Center South Lawn
- Plant & Environmental Sciences Courtyard
The dining locations below are currently operating a to-go service model. Per Yolo County health guidelines, dine-in seating will be unavailable until further notice.